On July 26, 1924 the cornerstone was laid for Immaculate Conception Church-School, and by Christmas 1924 the upper church and four room school were completed. Shortly thereafter, Immaculate Conception parish welcomed the arrival of the Sisters of St Francis of the Mount Hope community. In 1946 the Holy Union Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary arrived to continue the tradition of Catholic Education provided by a religious community. On May 23, 1965 a new wing, convent and school hall/gymnasium were added. Today Immaculate Conception School is strong and successful with a rich tradition of faith-filled education provided by a dedicated lay faculty.