Ms. Karen 2019-20 Mrs. Celaj
WELCOME TO OUR NURSERY PROGRAM
8:00 am – 2:30 pm FULL DAY Program
8:00 am – 11:00 am HALF-DAY Program
DOORS OPEN AT 7:50 am
Welcome to Immaculate Conception Catholic Academy! My name is Karen Allim and I will be your child’s Nursery School Teacher. Mrs. Lisa Celaj will be our Nursery Aide.
We are blessed to have a diverse community of families in our Nursery program which allows all of our young students to experience a range of different cultures, appearances, languages and ways of life in a positive, stimulating and nurturing environment. Our students gain an appreciation and respect for the differences between and similarities among each other. They learn to respect the rights, feelings and property of others, to show compassion and empathy, and to experience joy and celebrate accomplishments.
The goal of the nursery program for the children is to develop positive attitudes towards school and themselves. An atmosphere of love and Christian values are incorporated into a fun learning experience.
- Social skills are developed through creative play, interaction with other children, games, story-telling as well as show-and-tell. Pretend is encouraged with activities and songs.
- Responsibility for themselves is taught through doing simple jobs, caring for toys, and cleaning up after themselves. This helps build your child’s self-esteem.
- Physical motor skills are practiced through once a week gym class with our Physical Education teacher, Ms. Irene Demergis, as well as puzzles, play-doh, water/sand table, and various games in class.
- Self-discipline is practiced by following directions, sitting quietly during stories, listening to others, asking for help and learning how to share, being kind to others and taking turns.
- Children work on developing artistic skills through once a week art lessons with our Art teacher, Ms. Gabrielle Gonzalez, as well as craft making, painting, drawing and coloring projects done in class.
- Music development is taught through once a week lessons with our Music teacher, Ms. Aspasia Kyriakis, as well as finger songs, nursery rhymes and games in class.
- Nursery students are introduced to basic concepts in Spanish language including numbers, and colors through songs and games with our Spanish teacher, Ms. Maria Daniela Garillo.
- Letter & Number development is practiced through alphabet songs & games, counting orally and puzzles for recognition. Coloring & tracing of the letters & basic digits is practiced.
- Religion is taught each day. Children are taught about Catholic holidays, Bible stories, and basic Christian living. Prayers, songs, and classroom visits from our pastors make their faith come alive.
- Weather permitting the children will have time for outdoor play and exploration in our play yard. In the Spring, we will grow butterflies and release them in the play yard.
On the first day of school all families will receive an orientation packet with more information concerning arrival/dismissal, snack/lunch, before & after school care, uniform & change of clothes, absences, communication, supplies, etc.
Christmas Show Night – Singing Jingle Bells in our Classroom
more photos from Christmas Show 12/13/19 below
12/16/19 – 12/20/19
Lessons: Letter Jj, J is for Jesus, Winter Season, The Holy Family, Scholastic Busy Holiday Helpers
Religion: Jesus is Born, The Shepherds Visit Jesus
Books: How to Catch a Snowman, Snowman Magic, The Gingerbread Man
Take Home Craft: Gingerbread Scented Play-doh
Friday, 12/20/19 – Nursery Holiday Celebration, No After School Available
Christmas Break – 1/21/19 – 1/5/20
See you back in school on 1/6/20!
12/13/19 Christmas Show Photos
12/9/19 – 12/13/19
Lessons: Letter Ii, Winter Scene, Leaf Sorting, Sequencing, Using our Voices
Religion: Getting Ready for Christmas
Books: My Leaf Book, It’s Snowing, The Feelings Book
Practicing on Stage for our Christmas Show
Reminder: Please purchase your Christmas Show tickets
Thursday, 12/12/19 – Last Day for Advance Ticket Purchase by 9:00 am
Friday, 12/13/19 – Nursery Christmas Performance
Show 4:30 pm (Doors Open at 4:00 pm)
Nursery Dress Requirements for Christmas Show
Girls: Green or Red Dresses and Dress Shoes
Boys: Button down Green or Red Shirts, Black Dress Pants, Dress Shoes
No Jeans, No Sneakers
12/2/19 – 12/6/19
Lessons: Letter Hh, H is for Hibernation, Polar Bears, Scholastic Winter Sleepers
Religion: Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Books: Polar Babies, Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do you See?, Panda Bear, Panda Bear
Crafts: Bear Cave, Fork Painting Bear Mask, Handprint Winter Tree
Tuesday, 12/3/19 – Polar Express Pajama Drive Breakfast & Ice Cream Making
Nursery Students can wear their favorite pajamas to school
Please bring in a new pair of PJs for our Pajama Drive partnered with Scholastic
Thursday, 12/5/19 – Report Cards Distributed
Friday, 12/6/19 – Half Day Dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
Monday, 12/9/19 – No School for Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Nursery Dress Requirements for Christmas Show on 12/13/19
Girls: Green/Red Dresses or Green/Red Blouse and Black Pants/Leggings and Dress Shoes
Boys: Button down Green/Red Shirts, Black Dress Pants, Dress Shoes
No Jeans, No Sneakers